If Any Of The Following Applies To You, Contact Our Idaho Falls Personal Injury Attorneys For A Free Consultation
You’ve Suffered A Permanent Disability Or Other Serious Injury
The exact nature of the injury is immaterial in these cases.
If you are the victim of any of the following—either through the direct intent or negligence of another party or parties—you should hire an Idaho Falls personal injury attorney:
- Physical trauma of any kind. It could be the result of a car accident, malfunctioning equipment that wasn’t up to code, or deliberate assault and battery.
- A serious illness as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate actions.
If the damage involves long-term pain, bills, and on-going care, it is essential that you consult with a personal injury attorney—which is free. He or she can help you out of a situation that could result in lifelong financial stress.
You Aren’t Quite Sure Who Is Responsible
This is a situation where the other party’s insurance company will no-doubt try to blame you and thus hold you responsible for the damages.
It is imperative in situations like this that you consult with an Idaho Falls personal injury attorney.
There Are A Number Of Different Parties Involved
In these situations, you run the risk of catching the blame for the entire incident. The best way to avoid this is to work with an attorney who has the experience it takes to handle multiple insurance companies all working for their own clients and against you. He or she can build a case that will protect you from being responsible for all of the damages.
Your Claim Is Being Denied (Or Attempting To Be Denied) By The Insurance Company
Personal injury claims, like most legal claims, involve complicated laws and esoteric language. Insurance companies know this, and they know that most people don’t have the legal knowledge it takes to file a claim effectively. They use this to their advantage.
There is, of course, another tactic that they typically use—delaying or slowing down the submission in the hopes that you’ll just give up.
An Idaho Falls personal injury attorney knows his or her way around these tricks and can help you file an effective claim.
Hiring An Attorney vs. Handling Your Own Claim
There are some circumstances where handling your own claim may be the right choice:
- You live in a “no-fault” state (Idaho is not a no-fault state, so the likelihood that you’ll need an Idaho Falls personal injury attorney is much higher).
- You are going to receive the maximum available amount. An insurance company will only pay out to their policy limits. Even if you believe you deserve more, if the defendant has very little assets or money, the best choice may be to accept the settlement and move on.
Important Things To Keep In Mind
- Seemingly minor injuries can turn into major ones. Car accident injuries are notorious for having a latency period—symptoms may not begin to manifest until days or weeks after the event.
- You are entitled to damages for “Pain & Suffering”. Whether it’s physical trauma or emotional distress, you can get compensation for your suffering.
- Your insurance company’s interests may be at odds with your own. Insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible, which can end up negatively affecting you in the end.
An Idaho Falls personal injury attorney can help you in this complicated area of the law and help you achieve the best possible outcome.